For the third year, American Implement and Western State Bank are excited to partner together to help support the future of the agricultural industry in our areas of service. We are providing the AG Future Scholarships to graduating high school seniors and/or continuing college students pursuing further education (degree or program) in an agricultural field.
Ten (10) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded!
- Residents of the following counties: Kansas – Cheyenne, Clark, Edwards, Finney, Ford, Gove, Grant, Gray, Greeley, Hamilton, Haskell, Hodgeman, Kearny, Lane, Logan, Meade, Morton, Rawlins, Scott, Seward, Sheridan, Sherman, Stanton, Stevens, Thomas, Wallace, Wichita; Colorado – Baca
- Graduating Seniors OR College Students that ultimately have a goal of working within agricultural industry and pursuing further education (either a degree or program) in an agricultural related field. Examples can include but are not limited to: Ag Business, Ag Communications, Ag Economics, Ag Education, Food Science, Horticulture, Agronomy, Technical Program, Animal Science, Precision Agriculture, etc.
American Implement Ag TECH scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
- 3.0 GPA or greater
- Completed application will contain:
- A completed application. Please complete electronically below OR you can download below.
- Two *letters of reference – preferably speaking to the applicant’s interest and passion for agriculture.
*letters of recommendation from non-familial relations.
- Resume or detailed list of extracurricular activities and/or community involvement
- Most recent official transcript
- A picture of applicant (to be used if selected as a scholarship recipient)
Example: a senior photo or recent headshot. Recommended upload size of 1,200 x 628 pixels
- Either a written essay (500 – 700 words) OR a video submission (3 – 4 minutes) focused on the applicant’s top three reasons they are passionate and excited about agriculture and how they see themselves impacting agriculture’s future with their career of choice.
*Past scholarship applicants and recipients are encouraged to apply, but must submit all new materials including essay/video and letters of reference to qualify.
- Completed applications will be scored according to the following criteria:
- Essay/Video (35 pts)
- Grades (20 pts)
- References (25 pts)
- Community/Extra-Curricular Involvement (20 pts)
- Deadline and submission information for applications:
- Deadline is March 31, 2023
- 4 Ways to Submit a Completed Application:
- Electronically Below: Please complete the application form electronically below and utilize the UPLOAD FILES folder for attachments such as letters of reference, transcripts, photos and essays. Please submit video files via WeTransfer.com – for more information on submitting via WeTransfer, see instructions at the bottom of this page.
- Via Email: Download an application HERE
E-mail to email@example.com, include full name and “Ag Future Scholarship” in the subject line.
Include attachments such as letters of reference, transcripts, photos and essays. Please submit video files via WeTransfer.com – for more information on submitting via WeTransfer, see instructions at the bottom of this page.
- In-Person: You can submit in-person at any American Implement or Western State Bank locations – if submitting a video please do so on a flash drive/USB. Place all materials in an envelope together and clearly mark:
To: American Implement mark “Ag Future Scholarship Program” C/O Tim Metheny, Support Center
To: Western State Bank mark “Ag Future Scholarship Program” C/O Sarah Waller, Garden City
- By Mail: You can submit via mail to the following address – if submitting a video please do so on a flash drive/USB. Place all materials in an envelope together and clearly mark:
Western State Bank
RE: Ag Future Scholarship Program
1500 E Kansas Ave
Garden City, KS 67846
- Announcement of selected candidates and distribution of funds:
- Winners will be notified and announced April 21, 2023
- Funds will be distributed once proof of enrollment into educational program has been provided to scholarship committee. Upon notification of selection, scholarship recipients will be informed of the address to send enrollment verification.
- If a selected candidate fails to provide proof of enrollment into an educational program or does not attend educational program fall semester of 2023, the next eligible candidate will be awarded the scholarship in their stead.
- (By submitting an application, the applicant is granting permission for American Implement and Western State Bank to potentially use submitted material and/or photos of the applicant on either company’s website, social media accounts or published materials highlighting the scholarship program and retains rights to all entries once submitted.)
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PDF APPLICATION
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.